Monday 30 January 2012

Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara

Like every other Monday, i woke up at 10, picked my cup of morning tea and started reading the newspaper. We get two newspapers at my house, Indian Express and Times of India. I picked the express, there was an image of the Prime Minister, A.K.Antony and General V.K. Singh and an article on how the government is insisting that the Army change all his birth records to show his year of birth as 1950. On the other hand, the headline on TOI was a picture of Vidya Balan with the title "Ranbir Rocks,Vidya Sizzles", the Filmfare awards took place last night. TOI may not have its priorities right but it does understand the power of masala. I immediately found what i was looking for, a box with the name of the movie that had won The Best Picture award - Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara.
What a delight! I am glad the movie got the credit it deserved. I have never liked a movie as much as this one. I watched it thrice in the first two weeks of its release. And all three times in a multiplex. When the movie came out, a lot of people did not like it. And till date i cant understand why.
To me its a beautiful movie depicting emotions that our generation can connect to. The will to enjoy life and the motto of living each day as it was our last are inherent to our generation. The movie follows the characters as they realize this.
My favorite sequence in the movie is the song Khaabon ke Parindey. Hrithik Roshan's expression of surprise at his own destiny and peace at having finally found happiness make me smile every time i watch it.There was a time when i wanted a poster of Hrithik making waves with his hand.
There is a special bond between me and my friends who like the movie. Someday it'll be fun to go on such a trip and "let it all go!".

1 comment: